One week. Two weeks. One month. Two months. The process for creating traditional dental crowns can take weeks to even months to complete. Do you really have the time and patience to space out the restorative dental work you need?
Now, you don’t have to with CEREC same-day crowns at Padden Dental. We have invested in this modern technology that makes use of both computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) and computer-aided design (CAD), to provide high-quality dental restoration work, fast!
Technology is on your side! No longer do you have to wait and spread out your dental crown work over several weeks or several appointments, now you can literally have your new ceramic crown or crowns, done in one day! Let’s review what CEREC same-day crowns are, and how they are different from traditional dental crowns.
What are CEREC Crowns?
CEREC same-day dental crowns are the most modern technology available in dental restoration. Patients, their teeth, and their smiles stand to gain numerous benefits from same-day crowns. Read our previous blog post where Dr. Eric Dahlen delivers ten benefits to CEREC same-day crowns.
The name CEREC is an acronym that stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics – also known as CERamic REConstruction.
Perhaps even more amazing than the speed and the quality of the dental crowns created with CEREC technology, is the fact that they are also cost-effective! In fact, one CEREC same-day crown is about the same in price as a lab-made traditional dental crown.
CEREC technology has literally transformed modern dentistry. Our patients can have complex restorative dental care completed in just one day, even within a couple of hours; versus having the same procedure spread out over long periods of time, or several appointments.
CEREC Same-Day Crowns vs. Traditional Crowns
CEREC Same-Day Crowns
- Same-day service. You can stay in the dentist’s chair while everything is completed.
- Digital impressions are comfortable.
- Nine years later, patients report a 95.5 percent success rate.
- Eighteen years later, patients report an 84 percent success rate.
Traditional Dental Crowns
- Several visits to the dentist’s office are needed to complete the process.
- There are several materials that can be used for these types of crowns.
- Multiple ways exist to create traditional crowns.
- Traditional impressions can be quite uncomfortable.
- Traditional crowns have an average lifespan of only ten years.
At Padden Dental, our CEREC technology allows us to create your new crown/crowns using your exact measurements. If you are in need of crown restorative dental work and want to take advantage of this modern technology, book an appointment with us at Padden Dental, today.