If you have one or more missing teeth, the answer is probably, a very enthusiastic yes! Dental implants are probably a viable option for you, as this dental treatment works well for almost anybody!
Having broken or missing teeth can make you feel insecure and as a result, you may hide your smile or even smile less often. Furthermore, missing teeth can cause difficulty eating or speaking clearly. At Padden Dental, we love nothing more than transforming the lives of our patients by restoring mouth function and giving our patients a reason to smile by providing quality dental work, such as dental implants in Vancouver, Washington.
Why Dental Implants are a Popular Restorative Dental Treatment
Dental implants are a great option for nearly anyone that is missing one or more teeth, who is in decent health, and whose jaw has finished growing. It doesn’t matter whether the tooth never grew on its own or if it was lost during injury, modern dentistry makes dental implants a desirable option for nearly everyone with minimal disadvantages.
Traditional options for missing teeth such as bridges, crowns, and dentures, offer a solution for patients, but they often lose their effectiveness over time and can be more difficult to maintain. Dental implants deliver the benefit of restoring normal function to your mouth and providing a comfortable and natural feeling. With implants, we can replace one, two, or several teeth, no matter their location in your mouth or their relation to other teeth, making this a highly individualized restorative dental treatment.
People with dental implants often report feeling better as well as looking better and living better. As with any type of oral surgery, there is always a certain degree of risk of infection, nerve damage, or sinus problems. However, in the case of dental implants, this risk is extremely low and success rates of dental implants are up to 98 percent according to WebMD. Therefore, it’s easy to say that with proper care your new implants could last you a lifetime!
Special Considerations for Dental Implants
Implants are a versatile option and work well for most patients. In fact, dental implants are often placed in patients with health conditions such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. If you have any of the following pre-existing conditions, you should bring it up with us during your implant consultation:
- Indicate any existing dental work you previously had done. Implants can sometimes replace or improve existing dental work to create a more complete and effective outcome.
- Be sure to let us know about any existing medical problems you may have. All medications you are currently taking and medical conditions should be discussed with your dentist. Typically, if you are healthy enough for routine dental work, you a good candidate for dental implants.
- Let us know if you struggle with gum disease or frequent infections. When gum disease is left untreated, the success of dental implants can be affected. In certain cases that are moderate to severe in nature, the gum disease may need to be treated prior to the dental implant procedure.
- Inform us if you are a smoker. Smoking can limit the success of your dental implants due to the threats smoking poses to your overall dental health.
- If your teeth have been missing for a lengthy period of time, you may have a certain degree of bone loss. If you are aware of this type of bone loss, be sure to inform us. You may have to have bone grafting done prior to the implant in order to provide structure for successful dental implant placement.
If you are missing teeth and would like to speak to a dentist about dental implants in Vancouver, Washington – Dr. Eric would be happy to meet with you and discuss your options here at Padden Dental. Contact us today by calling (360) 213-1999, or by scheduling your appointment online.